Hope Resource Centre is a
non profit family violence prevention advocacy agency that provides confidential assistance to women, men, children and older individuals impacted by violence and/or abuse supporting diversity and
We Bring ...
Abuse awareness education to community members in how to:
- RECOGNIZE What is abuse?
- RESPOND What should I
- REFER Who should I tell?…when and how?
We Serve ...
- Individuals who have recently left or are currently in an abusive relationship
- Anyone affected by family violence
- Individuals seeking information about family violence
- Individuals who self-refer or are referred by other oranizations and professionals
We Provide ...
- Emotional Support / Court Support / Counselling Supports
- Safety plans/Danger Assessments/Risk Assessments
- Supports to ensure people have the capacity to build and sustain healthy relationships.
- Supports to stop the transmission of violence to children, youth and young adults
- Supports to develop non-violent and healthy socio-cultural norms and environments
- Assistance with overcoming barriers in leaving abusive situations
- Linking and liaisons with other services
- Assistance with Queen's Bench Court access and support
- Assistance with Emergency Protection Orders, Parenting Orders, Protection Order
- Liaison with Duty Counsel and/or Crown Prosecutor's office
- Co-parenting Agreement / Mediation Supports
- Visitation family/child supervision services per lawyer/court approval
- Awareness and prevention education presentations to schools, lodges, service clubs, churches and the workplace
Presentations/Updates on community programs and initiatives available upon request including ...
- Little Warriors "Prevent It! Taking Action to Stop Child Sexual Abuse. Register at this website for monthly presentations @ Hope Centre:
- "It's Not Right" The Canadian Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse (CNPEA): http://itsnotright.ca/about-us/about-us#sthash.bxgYuTV1.dpuflah
- Rainbows Program Helping children cope with grief and loss peer
- SPCA 'PetSafekeeping Program' temporary care for the pets of domestic violence victims who need to escape their abusive situations